Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Could not find ParserDetails.ini in /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/XML/SAX

I've setup a wonderful computer inventory management system called OCSReports . I initially had some errors when the agents tried to send reports to the server getting 5.0.0. responses from the server but that was solved by installing the perl-XML-SAX package through yum.

It solved the problem for me , but I kept getting this annoying error in the error logs in apache afterwards

"could not find ParserDetails.ini in /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/XML/SAX"

I managed to fix it luckily by doing some googling and performing the following action

perl -MXML::SAX -e "XML::SAX->add_parser(q(XML::SAX::PurePerl))->save_parsers()"

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for this post. It fix the problem for me.

    ReplyDelete

Followers